Wednesday, May 13, 2009

WHY THIS TITLE?

I have the worst time choosing names. I mean I can sit for hours and hours trying to figure out what password name I could use. The sleepless nights, tossing and turning, just waiting for that perfect cute name that separates me from all of the others in hyperspace. The name everyone wishes they had first thought of because it just is brilliant.
My husband just hesitates to ask me "honey, what do you want your password to be?" There I'll be pacing up and down, pondering this huge question. (I'm a blonde, by the way, so now it all falls into place for everyone.)
"What about?... No", I'll decide before I let it flow from my lips. I'm glad I'm not a Dr. or someone who has to make decisions on the spot, cause I just can't.
Today as my husband was helping me set this up my two dogs started to bark at the door and it happened to be my mother in-law. I'm glad she came as she was the third member of the "what do we call Meg's blog" committee.
So where did I get the name from? Yesterday, a group of us were talking in a gardening class and the subject of dandelions came up. Seemingly they arrived from England which made sense to me because I was born and raised in Scotland and I recalled that when I was a little girl we were told that if we picked the dandelions we would wet the bed. I wonder if I ever did?

1 comment:

  1. Did you superstitious Scottish folks say anything about spraying the dandelions with weed spray because I certainly don't want to wet the bed?

    Actually I think dandelions are pretty, it's after they seed thet they are ugly, all empty stems. Guess we could eat them, huh?

    ReplyDelete